Welcome to the 2017 Farm Share!
We have worked out our calendar for 2017. Please mark these dates and stash this email away somewhere for easy access. Thanks!
The Winter Eggs & Greens Share, a box of salad and cooking greens along with a share of eggs that is valued at $20/week, runs through the week of April 17th. Some members will have their current 10-week commitment run later and I will make/have made arrangements with you about that.
We will take off the week of April 24th to prepare for our Open House and Plant Sale as well as the beginning of the summer shares that are weekly produce boxes with eggs valued at $30. The Open House is on April 29th from 1-4pm. Click here for more information!
We've changed the weekly schedule beginning the first week in May. Here it is:
TUESDAYS - Baltimore deliveries, mid-day. (one share remains available)
WEDNESDAYS - Farm pick-up shares (one share remains open)
THURSDAYS - Local deliveries (full through June)
We will be closed August 6-19 and will not be preparing shares to allow for fall crop preparation.
As always, please feel free to send an email if you are confused. It would be easy to understand confusion for those whose winter shares spill over into May.
I have avoided creating a big share member agreement, but we've had some consistent issues arise and I think being a little bit more clear would help us all.
This year, we promise to:
- Communicate clearly by email about share deliveries and through labeling about the contents of your box each week. We've made the share community smaller so that we can get better at this.
- Pause the share for a week if the weather creates production issues. This way you get the full value of your share and we reduce our stress levels.
- Create boxes where the value of your box is $20 until the end of April, and then $30 through September.
We expect share members to:
- Pay for their shares in a timely fashion, or communicate with us if there are issues. There will be a $25 fee for any bounced checks this year.
- If you forget to pick up your share you may NOT make arrangements for a pick up later in the week. We will simply break down your share and pass the contents on. We had a lot of food waste last year at our expense because we were too lax about this issue.
- Check your emails in a timely fashion. Farm work makes communicating by telephone close to impossible. My cell phone number is 304-582-1568. Texts only please.
- You may pause your share any week with no less than 24 hours notice. If the notice is less than 24 hours you will not be able to pause the count.
I'll be including this guidance at the bottom of each week's email.
Now on to funner things...we're scheduling about one event per month this year. We hope we can see you! Details are below.
EVENT CALENDAR -
FARM-BASED WORKSHOPS & COMMUNITY EVENTS -
Cordial Making, January 28 from 1-4pm - This was fun! We'll plan another after the remainder of the calendar gets locked in.
CSA Day Informational Open House, February 25th from 1-3pm. RAINED OUT...
Planting Potatoes in Garden or Containers, March 25 from 1-3pm
Cherry Blossom Festival at Breaux Vineyards, April 8 from 11am-6pm
Cajun Festival at Breaux Vineyards, June 10 from 11am-6pm
Fall Open House, September 30th from 1-4pm
We'll be adding markets and larger events as they are confirmed!